Douglas Emmett Tenants
A forum for those who live and work at Douglas Emmett facilities to discuss issues and stay informed
A project of the Operating Engineers, Local 501

Douglas Emmett Tenants Take Action

Tenants at Douglas Emmett buildings are empowered discuss issues and stay informed

Get Email Alerts

Stay in the loop on the issues and events affecting the Douglas Emmett community.

Tenant Communication Portal

You can use this system to report a complaint or simply discuss issues and concerns at a Douglas Emmett building. Tenant communications are key to helping pinpoint critical issues affecting the Douglas Emmett community.

Please complete all fields below. Asterisks (*) indicate required fields. Then click on the SUBMIT button to send your complaint. Although anonymous reports are accepted, we request your contact information so that we may contact you if we need additional information about your issue.

Contact Health and Safety Agencies

Douglas Emmett tenants and workers are empowered to report health and safety complaints at your buildings by directly contacting the government. Below are two agencies potentially equipped to address your concerns:

Occupational Safety and Health Administration:

Under the OSHAct, you have the right to contact an OSHA Office (see a map of OSHA offices) or to contact OSHA’s toll-free number: 1-800-321-OSHA (6742) or TTY 1-877-889-5627. Workers who would like a workplace inspection should send a written request (see area office addresses).


Right to File a Complaint: The California Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1973 gives workers the right to file a complaint about workplace safety and health hazards.

Names of Complainants Must Be Kept Confidential: The name of any person who submits a complaint to Cal/OSHA must be kept confidential by law, unless the person requests otherwise.

Instructions for Filing a Complaint
You may file complaint about a hazard in your workplace by calling the Cal/OSHA district office that serves the location of your job site, preferably during business hours. If you cannot call during business hours, you may also call during off hours. If you cannot call at all, you may e-mail your complaint to the respective district office.

Los Angeles County Environmental Health Dept:

You can use this system to file a complaint or report a problem to the Environmental Health Division of the Department of Public Health. We are an enforcement agency responsible for the inspection of various types of businesses from restaurants, food trucks, apartment buildings, hotels to theatres, swimming pools, water wells, and landfills.